Thursday, May 19, 2011

Capacitive Stylus



We just picked up a capacitive stylus for the iPad. The intent is to help with hand writing skills. The particular stylus we picked up is the BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (purchased from amazon.com for $15). It is about the size of a pen and has a rubber tip that provides some resistance against the iPad's smooth glass surface. It definitely works as advertised. I'll update this post once we see how well it works for the kids.

Update: My six year old has taken to this device without any problems. With a bit of well targeted practice, I think it will help immensely with her handwriting skills. My four year old also has no problem using the device, but I don't think he's made the connection as to why it may be useful.

1 comments:

mamafog said...

Thanks for writing about this. I've been wondering if they would come up with a stylus.

Post a Comment