How to get an iPad to print to any printer connected to a 64-bit Windows machine
NOTE: THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR A WINDOWS MACHINE RUNNING THE 64-BIT VERSION OF XP, VISTA, AND WINDOWS 7
- Download the Bonjour Print Services for Windows here:http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999
- Run the downloaded executable (BonjourPSSetup.exe) and follow onscreen instructions (take the default values)
- Share the printer of interest (under control panel printer/faxes)
- In explorer, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)" and create a new folder called "AirPrint"
- Download AirPrint.zip from: [www.mediafire.com/?x1vyiuhw7nj1da8] -- press the "click here to start download from MediaFire" link.
- Unzip AirPrint.zip to the AirPrint folder you created in step (4)
- Go to the start menu and select run and type "CMD" to open command prompt
- Issue the following commands in the "CMD" window:
sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint\airprint.exe -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto
NOTES: (1) THIS IS A SINGLE LINE OF TEXT; (2) THERE IS A SPACE AFTER EACH '=' SYMBOL
sc.exe start AirPrint
Your almost there!!! Three more steps!
- If prompted by windows firewall, check "Private networks, such as ...", uncheck "Public networks, such as ...", then press "Allow access"
- Windows firewall never prompted me, but still blocked the iPad from printing. I added the following port exceptions to the firewall: UDP port 5353 and TCP port 631 (added as AirPrint entries).
- Run the Bonjour Printer Wizard and select the shared printer
That should be it.
We plan on posting how to do this for Mac OSX.